Monday, October 7, 2013

Response to Letter

October 31, 1991

Dear Charlie,
     It's okay Charlie. You can write to me as you please. I promise you that I don't mind. I am so proud of you, I know that participating is not easy, however, I also know that you can do it. Charlie, did you know that when I read, I also do the same thing as you. I become so caught up in the story, and I begin to believe that I am the characters in the book. It is like I can see everything going on inside my head. So, it is okay for you to think that because you aren't the only person who does that. Charlie don't complicate your letters. I want you to know that you can write to me about anything, but you don't have to figure out anything. Your letters can be wrote just to be an outlet for you. In those letters you can tell me whatever you feel, and you do not have to worry about learning something in every single one of them.
     I have read the book Peter Pan, and that is about the same thing that I got out of it too. Yet, as I got older the book began to mean a little more to me, and I realized the meaning was so much deeper than I ever realized, but that is just me. Maybe the same thing will happen for you, but if not that is okay, too. Perhaps you are write, maybe Bill is giving you peculiar books, but at least they are good books.
     I am glad to hear that you are being a social butterfly. I think that it is very important, and I do not blame you for saying you probably won't come back for a homecoming football game. They are nice, but I won't return for them either. I am glad to hear that you were honest with yourself Charlie. It is important to be honest with ourselves because sometimes we are the only people we have in the world. People will walk in and out of your life, but it is important that you know that you will always be in your life. Just remember who you are, and what you stand for. ALWAYS be honest with yourself because trying to run away from your problems because that will never help Charlie. Sooner or later you will have to face that problem, but by then the problem is worse, and you still have to deal with it. Remember that Charlie.
     Charlie I believe that you have a wonderful sense of humor. I am so glad that you met Sam and Patrick. I wish I knew them because they sound like wonderful people.
     Have you ever told your parents about the party that happened at your house, I mean what you saw.Charlie, do you know what rape is? It is forcing yourself on somebody. That girl was raped Charlie. If she said no, and that boy forced himself on her, then he raped her. Charlie, I hope you are alright. It wasn't right of your sister to call you a pervert. I despise that word.
     You need a way for letting out your anger Charlie. I feel like the responsible thing to tell you, is that you should take up a hobby.I do not take you as a sports type of person, but maybe you could find something that you enjoy. Yet, I also am so proud of you for slashing his tires. He is a complete and total scumbag. Yet, Charlie you should still be very careful as to not be too violent.
     Charlie, perhaps you should not go to these parties with Sam and Patrick. They are good people do not get me wrong, however, drugs are not good Charlie. They are bad for you, and it is dangerous to mess with them. You can get hooked on them Charlie.
     I think that you did the right thing by leaving Patrick and Brad to talk. They have some things they need to work out. Since Patrick asked you to keep things secret, I think you should respect that, and not tell anybody. I won't say anything Charlie I promise.
     Regardless of the drugs, your new friends sound spectacular. That is the perfect name for you, wallflower. I am glad that the dance went well. Do you love Sam Charlie? She sounds exceptional.

Sincerely,
Your Friend

1 comment: