Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Song for a person

If I was to give one song to a person, I honestly don't know that I could do it. I couldn't pick just one person, so I narrowed it down to two. The two people I picked where my little brother and my biological father.

For my little brother I was unable to decide on one song, so I picked my two favorites. 

The first song is My Wish by Rascal Flatts. I picked this song because I love my little brother more than anybody in this world. He has been and always will be my best friend. He's a special needs child, but he is the sweetest kid, and I want him to have the world. I have so many wishes for him because he deserves the world. 

The second song I picked for him was You've Got A Friend In Me by Randy Newman. The reason I picked this song was because my little brother comes home nine days out of ten crying because he has had a bad day. I just want him to know that no matter what happens in life I will ALWAYS be his friend. 

The other person I would give a song to was my biological dad. He was never a part of my life, and for the biggest majority of my life I was very angry with him. I had a lot of resentment and bitterness towards him. So I did have a hard time choosing who to give a song to. This is wh I picked both people. I was able to decide on one song to give my biological father.

If I was to give him a song I would share with him I'm Not Who I Was by Brandon Heath. After his passing, I went through some serious changes. Personal changes mainly, but it was like a reality check for me in a way. I just changed as far as my values went. I was tired of being bitter. My real dad never knew me, but it was partially because of him that I am who I am today. This song describes how I feel towards him. I wish he could see me now. I wish he could know that I forgive him. When he was dying he tried to call me, but I was stubborn. I was hurt with him, and I let my feelings misguide my decisions. I just would give anything for him
 to know that I forgive him.

1 comment:

  1. This shows real strength, courage, and maturity. Honestly amazing.

    ReplyDelete