Thursday, May 29, 2014

Individual Reflection For The End Of The Year

I think my favorite lesson for this year lays beyond academics. I was blessed to learn more about myself. I discovered that it doesn't matter where you come from or what your past holds. All that matters is where you are going, and how you plan in getting there. I found out that I don't have to let my past define me. It helped me to better understand myself, and to be able to love myself more. However if you want something you made us do, I have to say I enjoyed making a video based on The Taming of The Shrew. 

My least favorite lesson from this year would probably be anything dealing with the meaning of the work as a whole. No I'm just kidding. My least favorite lesson is probably the times writings. I hate those with a passion, however, I wouldn't get rid of them. I just struggle with them, but they are crucial to the class, and to the AP test. I just hated being dishes to write. 

Academically I have learned more about writing. I know that sounds crazy, but I just feel like my writing skills have improved. I also feel like my vocabulary has expanded, as well as my understanding of literary devices. 

Here we go. Life lessons. I have learned that it's ok to cry. Actual crying really helps. I have also learned that despite what your differences are, it's ok to have them. I went at it with a few friends and then I finally realized how much I missed them. It's ok to have differences as long as you don't let them come between you. I also discovered that when it comes down to it, people are going to walk in and out of your life. Sometimes it's going to hurt. Actually most times it's going to hurt, but you can make it through it. Sometimes it's for the best. I also learned more about me in a crazy way. Like English made me question everything about me, while simultaneously giving me a better understanding of myself.

I hate being asked what to change. I think the class is great. The blogs can be a handful sometimes, but I think I would keep them. I like the reading assignments, and everything about this class. I seriously can't think of any changes. It just isn't happening.

In all honesty this was one if my favorite classes of all times, and easily my favorite English class.

No comments:

Post a Comment