Saturday, November 2, 2013

J.K. Rowling Speech

How have your failures defined you?

What is the rock-bottom of your life?

What is the foundation on which you have built your life?

Do you let those who have authority over you make the decisions over your life, or do you make your own decisions?

What is the importance of imagination in your life?


"There is an expirary date on blaming your parents for steering you in the wrong direction; the moment you are old enough to take the wheel, responsibility lies with you."

Eventually you have to realize that blaming everybody else for your problems isn't helping you at all. You may not like your parents decision, but you can't change it. You can however chose not to make the same mistakes that they did. Learn from those mistakes, and make the best of your life. Accept responsibility for your actions, and know that when you mess up apologize, and try not to make the same mistake. Do your best to live the life that you want to live.

"I was striking an uneasy balance between the ambition I had for myself, and what those closest to me expected of me."

AMEN!!!!! My whole life I have always had high expectations for myself, and so have those closest to me. I am my hardest critic, yet, my parents can be too. It is not so much my mom that is so overbearing, rather my step-dad. I know his intentions are good, yet, he goes too far. He doesn't agree with my career choice of being a veterinarian, but he wants me to be a doctor. I REFUSE!!!! I want to please him, but it is my life, and I will do what I want to do.

"What I feared most for myself at your age was not poverty, but failure."

I know I am not twenty-one, but still I hate the thoughts of failing anybody. It means the world to me to please people, and I honestly hate the thoughts of disappointing anybody. My whole life, I have been this way. I have always tried to please those closest to me.  Failure is a scary thought, but it is a part of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment